TarotHunter’s Salt Rounds:
- Kali’s dance of death is inevitable. You can’t avoid it or postpone it, only accept it. Stubbornly refusing to accept change can create stagnation and prevent skills from growing. Face Kali and absorb her message so you can begin growing and manifesting your future.
- Perhaps you enjoy the status quo. You feel on top and in control and don’t want that to change. Unfortunately, that’s an illusion. No matter how hard we cling to now, it always slips from our grasp. Enjoy it while it’s here but prepare yourself for future changes as well. Being King of the World is never permanent.
- Kali will eventually dance on all our bones, that is the nature of life – things die so new life can grow. We try to outrace her; to create an oasis hidden from her influence, but it’s futile. On the positive side, things we hate right now will eventually fall to Kali’s dance too. As Bowie sang “Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes, turn and face the strange.”
TarotHunter’s Salt Rounds:
- You’ve been conserving your resources but that can only take you so far. Your heart is no longer invested in the current situation and wants to move on to seek something different.
- You’ve convinced yourself that the status quo is being maintained in your life but it isn’t true. In your heart you realize things have changed and you need to move on but you’re still resistant.
- You’re clinging too tightly to the way things used to be; letting fear dictate your behaviors. Trust that your heart will lead you in the right direction and release the past. You may sacrifice some stability but find untold emotional satisfaction in its place.
TarotHunter’s Salt Rounds:
- It’s time to leave all these pains in the ass behind you and move into a new life; to forge the new you.
- Your past experiences, thoughts and pains have brought you to this point in your life. It’s time to guide your quest for who you will be as you move forward.
- Finding your creative spark, your energetic self is the journey of a lifetime. Each lesson along the way, no after how painful, contributed to who you are. Letting go of the pain but embracing the lessons will allow you to emerge transformed and victorious.
Tarot Hunter’s Salt Rounds:
- Your choices and decisions are based on past pain and betrayal. In order to move forward in a healthy, positive way you need to let go.
- Making a decision can be challenging when it has the potential to change your course in life. Inside you’ve made your plans and have your thoughts in order, so it’s time to move to the next level.
- In your heart you know the right path to choose even if it results in short term pain or others’ perceptions of betrayal. You need to do what will best help you move forward and hope any negative attitudes will be left behind.
Tarot Hunter’s Salt Rounds:
- Balance, delicately weaving your way through your own life, is desirable but difficult to achieve. Don’t refuse offers of help and support while attempting this tightrope walk.
- Sometimes you need to let go of things in order to maintain your balance. Is there something you’re still clinging to that might be throwing your balance off?
- Have you been giving or taking too much lately? Maybe that’s where the balance needs to be achieved. It might be time to shift gears and take a different approach.
Tarot Hunter’s Salt Rounds:
- As I look at this image I keep hearing Pink Floyd’s lyric playing in my head – “Tear down the wall”. Let’s face it, on many levels our nation has become calcified. We’ve lost that progressive, rebellious edge that made us so creative and independent. Instead, we mourn what we perceive as lost or give up our civil liberties in pursuit of the illusion of security. I’m stuck in this same loop in my own life. I may not like all the changes going on right now, but change is inevitable. It’s time to move past that on both a personal and national level.
- Focusing on what has been lost and looking down or backward prevents us from seeing the opportunities that await up ahead. Before new structures can arise, the old, outdated ones must be demolished. Let it go.
- Once the outdated, the useless, the unhealthy has been cleared away we are given the chance to see what remains and start over with healthy stock. Farmers and ranchers know that sometimes culling is necessary to improve the overall health of the herd or fields. Maybe it’s time for some culling in our own lives. Get rid of the weeds so the healthy plants can flourish.
Mansions of the Moon Tarot
Traditional meaning: Experiencing the natural process of growth and maturation, principle of cosmic understanding, spiritual truth, change and transformation; a push, a call from within to make some important change; the final settlement of a matter; accepting the results of your decisions.
TarotBroad’s Theories: This card brings to mind the image of a loving parent who may be disappointed in a child’s behavior but who still loves the child and will continue to help offering guidance. Both the Virgin Mary and the Buddha are also well known figures of forgiveness and guidance. When we feel the need to be cleansed and purified, we pray to one of these beings for forgiveness. The Virgin Mary is often perceived as a gentle, nurturing figure who prays for sinners. And there are many stories of Jesus forgiving the past actions of others. But the key is that we must want to change, we must be willing to take the steps necessary to stop the behavior.
This card reminds me of a recovering substance abuser who finally cleans up his act and looks at the devastation his behavior has created in his life. Once this has been faced he has two choices – to run away from this knowledge by burying himself in his abusive behavior or to face the truth, forgive himself and move on trying to make amends where possible. We have this choice in our own lives. We can leave behind the self-defeating, critical inner voice that often holds us back and move forward with a sense of wholeness and newness. We are cleansed and purified. And the loving guidance these beings offer will be there, as long as we remain faithful and continue to follow the new path. We can move on to a new level, begin our lives on a new path, as long as we learn from the lessons of the past and don’t continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. We can let it go, start anew and allow ourselves to forgive ourselves and release ourselves from our own negative energy. And once we can forgive ourselves, we open ourselves up to a new world of possibilities.
Wheel of Change Tarot
created by Alexandra Gennetti
Published by Destiny Books, 1997
The Book says: When Judgement is part of your reading, it serves to remind you to let go of your negative judgements and criticisms of yourself and others. These opinions are based on your preconceived ideas of how the world should be, and they trap you into a narrow vision of the world. Judgement is a reminder that only you are responsible for your actions. It is a symbol of a new awakening and awareness that allows you to begin again with freedom in every moment. It is the representation of a new sunrise and a new light being born from the creative darkness of the inner life. Judgement symbolizes the birth of something original and the recognition of the newness and special qualities of each moment. Judgement is the symbol of the constant birth of the present out of the past, and the awareness of these changes and the constant creative movement of the world.
TarotHunter’s Theories: This card gives an impression of rebirth, of coming back into the light after swimming through the darkness of space and time. His arms are stretched out above his read, drinking in the warm and light of the beam framing him. The growth and abundance surrounding him are a refreshing change from the darkness and coldness of space. He has been reborn, passed through the darkness and aloneness to return to the warmth and light.
The surrounding landscape, resembling a woman’s body, brings to mind the sense that the Earth is our mother and that we are all born from her. And the man’s nakedness also reminds us that we are offered this chance to start again and to renew ourselves. We are cleansed and given a new start. We can leave all that darkness, sadness, aloneness behind us and embrace the world which surrounds us. We can decide to become part of that world and celebrate its gifts.
This Judgment card is about releasing the past, the negative energy and the wasted regrets. It is about forgiving ourselves and allowing ourselves to emerge cleansed and whole on the other side. We have been there and done that and now it is time to start anew. We can be bathed in the radiance of the light, or perhaps our beam of radiance is finally ready to join the radiance of the cosmos. We can free ourselves of the self-critical judgments that have held us back and allow ourselves to rejoice in the light and joy of a new beginning.
Blue Rose Tarot
Created by Paula Gibby
Published by Soul Guidance
The creator says: The struggle within the Fool has triggered all three of those “laws that we have just discussed”. In that tiny flicker of a moment, the Fool has opened a space within himself. A space ready for change and open for filling. He has appealed to the Universe for help. That tiny flicker of internal light radiating outward like a beacon in this absolute darkness, is immediately detected by the Universe. And lastly, the indecision within himself and his own inability to decide his fate creates an imbalance . . . And still the Fool soars upward. Frightened yes, but there is a strange exhilaration, a reckless abandon which now pervades his senses. He sees something – an opening – a gateway that wasn’t there before. The opening that was created by the Universe to gain access to the Fool and snatch him away. As he speedily makes his way to that gateway, its aperture crackling with the same electrical energy that encases him, he sees something else. Something so beautiful, miraculous and magical that he is overcome with emotion and gladness – the tears springing from his eyes and rolling down his flushed face. And as our Fool explodes like a lightning bolt through that sizzling gateway, leaving the womb behind him, he weeps with joy and whispers a thank you to the Great Creator of the Universe who has interceded for him and allowed him to see what his eyes now behold.
TarotBroad’s Buzz: This is one of the more intense and frightening Tower cards I’ve seen. Is the head exploding out of the top of the building? Is the hand opening it for him? Or is trying to trap the man forever? Either way it is a disturbing image but it reminds me that Tower experiences are painful and traumatic even if they are ultimately liberating. We have climbed to the top of the building and now we have to make a choice – do we quietly walk back down the stairs, stay stuck at the top forever or break free and start over again?
The expression on the man’s face reminds me of that painful moment of self-awareness we sometimes experience; that flash of insight that makes us realize just how beneficial or pointless our life has been. It reminds me of the addict who, when sober, realizes just how much of a mess has been made of his/her life. Once we accept this realization, then we are faced with a challenging choice. We can either accept this self awareness, learn from the experience and make our lives better. Or we can try to avoid the truth, remain in the dark and subsume our pain and knowledge under something else – alcohol and drugs, work, false illusions.
This is an intense card but the Tower is an intense experience. What we get out of it and how we use this knowledge is entirely our choice.