What happened? Where did it all go wrong? He had been confident that by now he’d be reaping the benefits of his plans and policies; being recognized for his successful, prosperous rule. Instead, things were in chaos.
Instead of growth and prosperity, there was resentment and upheaval. He was accused of not caring, being an arrogant tyrant; a bully. How could they not recognize his strengths? Why didn’t they appreciate his genius?
TarotHunter’s Salt Rounds:
- Nothing will change if you placidly sit by and just wait for it to happen. Just because we are dissatisfied with a situation does not guarantee improvements.
- Once the changes occur we need to monitor things and ensure they continue to improve and don’t slip back to the way they were before. Vigilance is essential to ensure changes stick.
- Holding yourself aloof from current situations so you can deflect blame is pointless. If we disagree with how things are going then work to change them but don’t cop out by claiming “I didn’t vote for/want this”. As the saying goes if we’re not part of the solution then we’re part of the problem. Of course the irony is that one person’s solution IS another’s problem. One person’s destructive Tower moment is another’s revolution. C’est le vie.
Tarot Hunter’s Silver Bullets:
- While child-like faith and belief in oneself are often beneficial, sometimes making decisions without seeing all the facts can just be foolish.
- Deliberately veiling one’s eyes to reality can lead to the inmates running the asylum.
- Sometimes things must fall into the realm of the absurd before we can see what is right before our eyes.